About the role: Junior Designer
Vibe Tickets is a rapidly growing UK tech startup with offices in Lancaster and London.
Grown almost entirely by word-of-mouth over the past 2 years, Vibe Tickets is entering an exciting new phase that will disrupt the live entertainment ticketing industry.
We are expanding and we need more designers to join our creative team based at our HQ in Lancaster.
Do you want want to make a difference solving interesting problems? Do you want to influence and help shape an application’s design? Do you love typography and grids? Are you excited about creating a scalable design system? If you answered "Yes!" to all of those questions, then you might be a great fit for Vibe Tickets.
As a member of our design team, you will work with a small group of designers and developers to solve complex problems with clear, effective design. Currently, we are looking for a junior UI/UX designer who is able to contribute to the entire creative process at Vibe Tickets. This includes; creating initial design sketches and workflows, working on the final creative for both web and mobile and testing those designs with real users.
This is a great opportunity to get in early with a start-up and help shape the creative development. You will work closely with our team of talented designers and developers to help create nothing but the best user experiences.
Are you the one? Come join us at this exciting, early stage.
• UI design for web & mobile applications
• Collaboration with cross-functional teams to design new user-centric products
• Identify user pain-points & develop ideas with the product and marketing team
• UX input
• Occasional design work for marketing & social channels
• User interface/ user experience design experience for both web & app
• Understanding of the importance of putting the users needs first
• Story telling skills to present & communicate your work
• Understanding the common usability patterns for the web & mobile landscapes
• Contributing to & working with existing patterns to create consistent, reusable experiences
• Ability to take & act upon constructive criticism
• Ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams
• Fluent English
• Basic understanding of typography, colour theory, layout & composition
Nice to have
• Some theoretical background in design and/or usability
• Design software experience - Adobe Creative Cloud
• Experience with a prototyping software such as InVision
• Experience with HTML & CSS
What Vibe Tickets can offer you
• A competitive salary
• Annual performance bonus
• 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Birthdays off as a paid holiday
• As much coffee as you can drink
• Regular team days out
• Beer Fridays
• Contributory pension scheme
• Individual training budget
• To be surrounded by brilliant, highly-talented, fun people with a brand that your friends will be speaking about
• The position is based in Lancaster City Centre next to the castle!
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, C.V. and examples of your work to email@example.com.