Please read the following carefully to understand the views and practices of Vibe regarding your personal data and how we treat it.
Vibe ("we"/"our") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Vibe is intended for use by those 18 or older for personal information purposes only. In any event Vibe does not knowingly collect personal information from people under the age of 18. If we learn that a person under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information as soon as possible.
By creating a Vibe account, you authorise us to collect, store, access, and use the information which is contained in your profile , "feed" , status and presence. We may use this information from your account to create a publicly accessible profile for you in Vibe. The information provided from your account may include your full name, profile picture, whether you are online or offline, and when you were last using the Service. As the Vibe service grows, we may reproduce the information from the Vibe mobile apps onto the Vibe website and across our social media channels, and this information may therefore include any personal information or other data you supply.
In addition during your use of Vibe you agree that the following terms will apply:
- We may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to Vibe (such as your name, email address, and contact details) when you sign up to Vibe.
- We may also record which parts of the service users use and user patterns. This information will be kept securely in accordance with an internal security policy and may be used:
- to generally run, operate and maintain the service;
- for internal record keeping;
- to improve our products and services;
- to notify and inform users of updates, new products and/or promotional offers;
- to enable and process your use of and generally run our products and services;
- to collect in-app purchases and achievements created in Vibe;
- If you believe we have information about you that you do not want us to have or that is incorrect please contact us as described below and Vibe shall provide details for you to correct or remove the data as you request as soon as reasonably practicable.
- We may license your personal data we obtain from the use of Vibe (and any other data you submit through the service) as part of any bulk transaction to third parties so that we, or the third parties we work with, may provide you with offers for goods or service which we believe may be of interest to you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
Other than as set out herein, we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 2000 men aged under 40 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SE1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell, transfer or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Vibe Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by or transferred to a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
As part of any commercial transaction involving the bulk of licensing of the data to third parties that we have chosen to operate with (and who provide offers for goods and/or services which we believe may be of interest to you), and to help monetise the service. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Vibe, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Please note: You will use Vibe entirely at your own risk. It is a known risk of internet usage that people are not necessarily who they say they are. People may provide information or behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading unlawful, or illegal. Vibe has no way of telling if statements made by other users are true. This is a decision that can only be made at your discretion and the exercise of some degree of caution is recommended. By using Vibe and its services you accept that this is the case and accept the risk is associated with it. Users must take particular care in relation to disclosure of their own personal information.
Third Party Communications
We may share the information you have provided with partners of Vibe and its affiliates. We may also share this information with other carefully selected companies or organisations in order that they may inform you of their products and services.
In certain circumstances we may share your information with partner companies and services of Vibe who act on our behalf with activities such as, but not limited to, fulfilling orders, processing payments, carrying out, promotional services and data management.
We will only provide these companies with the information which they need to carry out their services and they will not be allowed to use the information for other purposes. They will only be allowed to use your information in the way in which we instruct them and as permitted by the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998.
You also acknowledge and agree that in certain circumstances we may be obliged to disclose personal information relating to you to third parties, for example, in order to conform to any requirements of law, comply with any legal process, to prevent and detect fraud and to protect and defend our rights and property.
You may opt out of marketing communications by clicking the "unsubscribe" link on any marketing email or amending your settings.
Sending your data overseas
It may be necessary for us to transfer your information to countries outside the European Economic Area which do not provide the same level of protection as the UK. If we for any reason need to do so, we will make sure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the UK’s Data Protection 1998 and other applicable data protection laws so that your personal data is kept secure.
Third Party Products and Services
Vibe may contain links to other sites or services of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave Vibe, you should note that we do not have any control over those third party sites or services. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the Website in question. Such sites and services have not been verified or reviewed by us and we have no liability for any use and access of them.
Ad Serving Technology
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes in the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the email address provided below.
Access to Information
The UK Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after two years.